Friday, March 11, 2011

There is a first time for everything.


Today I am reflecting on my recent adventure to Snow Summit with my nephew, Riley, and my niece, Erica. It was told to my wife that Erica, confronted my sister in-law, AndrĂ©a, that she was a bad mommy for not teaching her how to snowboard. Andrea looked to Rosanna and I for help. We helped her by being there for these precious kids. It was very rewarding to know that these kids have opened a door to more fun for the rest of their lives. Riley and Ericka were first brought to a safe encouraging space strictly used for teaching the basic snowboarding skills. Once that was complete it was evident they were confident with these new skills and were off to a good start. Riley and Erica the stepped out into basic Snow Summit runs, accompanied by an instructor. The kids had the time of their lives. They immediately convinced Aunt Rosanna to go with them some more once the instructor left. It reminded me of the moment when I adaptive skied for the first time. All the feelings like I could do anything were resounded when I saw the look on my nephew’s face. Not only was it a first time for them, it was a first time for all of us moms, aunts and uncles. They will always say "Remember that time when..."
I am so touched by these amazing children and feel so honored to be apart of their journey here on planet earth. If i can impact these children with something positive in their lives and say I am so very proud of each of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment