Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Breaking the Barriers

Breaking the Barriers
Yesterday, was a birthday I never thought I'd have. I had accident on August 2, 2005 that shattered my spinal cord. Previous to my injury, I had a psychotic break. I long suffered with depression due to my Multiple Sclerosis (MS) diagnosis. My world was falling apart.


With the help of a good friend, Richard Miller, who turned me on to Jesus. I was desperate and thinking to end my life. I was hallucinating that demons were out for soul caused by a side effects from multiple medications for MS.
This happened 20 minutes before I drove my truck off a 200 foot cliff. I was lost and searching for something more. I drove off the cliff committing my life to God since I was no use to him alive. I believe that God spared my life. So here is a question. Why? Why did he spare my life? What have you done with this life since the accident?
 I had an appointment with my MS Doctor and asked him a simple question. “What is my prognosis?” With over 30 years’ experience treating MS patients he said something you never hear from a Doctor “I don't know, it’s MS” This answer transformed my life.
 So there I was, in a wheelchair with no hope with my prognosis. I took it as an E ticket to ride. MS is a disease of the central nervous system that is progressive in nature. My wife and I set out to do this many adventures as I could, while I could. If I only have a limited time available I had to just go for it!
 Adaptive skiing at Mountain High was my first adventure that came with the revelation “If you're a wheelchair, you should be able to try adaptive skiing and no charge”. The Threus Foundation was conceived.

I continued kayaking, surf kayaking, surfing , Whitewater rafting and swimming with dolphins. I have a long history of seeking adventure sports before my accident and now I have a reputation as a wheelchair adventurer. Through my experiences, I learned that you only have to have the desire to do something spectacular, to achieve it .The biggest disability is in the mind. The desire is paramount. If you want to do something, just do it. You have to want to do it.
The foundation is with Jesus. He spared my life.  I take time out of my day to learn about him. I got baptized Feb. 6th 2011. I am a little slow and it took some time to put those pieces together, I didn’t realize I had an amazing testimony till one day while I was watching TBN.  Jesus became real for me. I have the understanding that what you put in the mind, comes out of the mind. Positive in, positive out. TBN offers the good, in a corrupt world.
I learned biblical principles and who I am in Jesus, as a son of God. I am an overcomer and bright light in the dark world. I learned faith, that I never had before. I learned about spiritual provision, that Jesus supplies all our needs. I lost the fear of death because I know Jesus prepares a place for us.
I learned there is a positive and a negative. God is the ultimate in the positive realm and if you can believe that the positive can culminate as the spirit of God then it is not so hard to believe that the negative or evil can culminate as Satan, the deceiver.
Jesus came to set us free, forgive all our sins and make a way for us. Disabled or not. I am so grateful for my life, my wife and mother, So what is your barrier? I would love to help you break free!!! 805-760-6361 for a free consultation with a man who has been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment